Count Calories With This Delicious Tomato Bisque
Tomato Bisque Just because you're counting calories doesn't mean you can't enjoy the finer things once in a while. For those of you looking for the perfect calorie-conscious soups, we've got a recipe for a creamy Tomato Bisque with only...
Just because you're counting calories doesn't mean you can't enjoy the finer things once in a while. For those of you looking for the perfect calorie-conscious soups, we've got a recipe for a creamy Tomato Bisque with only 49 calories per serving! It's also super delicious and perfect for a quick weekday meal or rainy day lunch.
This recipe takes 30 minutes and makes 4 servings of soup.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter substitute
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 3 basil leaves
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or 1 cup chicken broth)
- * ½ cup almond milk
- * salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and margarine or butter substitute over medium-low heat until the margarine melts into the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft but not browned, about 8 minutes. Add the flour and stir to coat the onion and garlic.
- Add the broth, canned tomatoes, oregano, basil, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the almond milk and salt and pepper to taste, then cover and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with a spoonful of parmesan cheese and more dried basil if desired and enjoy!
For those of you wanting to splurge a little on the calories, Oscar Meyer bacon bits make an excellent additional soup topper with only 25 calories per serving (1 Tablespoon).
We hope you enjoy this recipe and feel free to contact us for more yummy ideas!