Lavender Recipes: Super Easy Lavender Lemonade
Nothing beats the summer heat like a fresh glass of homemade lemonade. But have you ever tried lavender lemonade? This tasty treat is a fresh and unique drink to serve during the summer time. There are many different lavender recipes out there,...
Nothing beats the summer heat like a fresh glass of homemade lemonade. But have you ever tried lavender lemonade? This tasty treat is a fresh and unique drink to serve during the summer time. There are many different lavender recipes out there, but this has to be one of the easiest!
This Lavender Lemonade Recipe is a perfect option because it is so easy and quick to make.
- 1 tray of ice cubes
- 1/4 of a cup of dried lavender
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 8 lemons
- 5 cups of cold water (quantity depends on what your preferred strength of lemonade is)
- Put the ice cubes into a 2 quart pitcher.
- Place the dried lavender into a bowl and pour the boiling water over it.
- Allow to steep for ten minutes and then strain the lavender out of the water.
- Mix the sugar into the hot lavender water and then pour the hot water into the pitcher with the ice.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons, use a juicer. Be sure to get as much juice as you can from the lemons. Add to the lemonade. You can add it with the pulp or strain it to have more of a clear lemonade.
- Top off the pitcher with the cold water and stir.
Tips and Tricks:
- Adjust the amount of lemon juice or lavender depending on your preference.
- Keep in mind the more cold water you use the weaker the lemonade. Use less water for stronger flavor. Keep in mind you might need to chill it in the refrigerator before drinking if you choose this.
- Dried lavender FLOWERS are stronger and if you use those be sure to adjust accordingly. Use approximately 1-2 tablespoons!
- For a non-alcoholic sparkly variation, mix with some ginger ale. This is perfect for parties!
- You can use lemonade concentrate to save time but the flavor might not be as good.
- Consider adding some mint to give it a slightly different taste.
Be sure to try this drink out this summer! Please contact us for more great cooking ideas!